Scout Aerospace LLC is an orbital transfer vehicle and spacecraft manufacturing startup company in Atlanta, Georgia. Interns will find a fast and fluid startup environment as Scout Aerospace organizes and creates business for the active removal of orbital debris. According to the Space Surveillance Network 2017 saw over 600 “emergency” situations where orbital assets were endangered by debris. As a member of Scout you would work closely alongside our lead engineer and CEO as we build an OTV platform to address this mounting threat to Earth’s space industry.
- May work up to 15 hours per week on projects assigned by leadership
- Must be available during the consecutive 12 weeks of the internship
- Selected applicants will study directly under the lead engineer preforming research, design, and analysis as required
- Will engage in weekly meetings with leadership to discuss learning goals and research progress
- Participate in corporate provided classes and instruction
- Tasks will vary from engineering to business development in nature
- Applicants must be enrolled in an ABET accredited Bachelor’s program or higher for science, engineering, or technology.
- Basic understanding of calculus, engineering principles, CAD software such as Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor
- Have the capacity to lift and carry up to 20 kg (44 lbs) on occasion
- Strong sense of teamwork, self-discipline, and innovation
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here. Scout Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer; internship with Scout Aerospace is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.